Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Hot And Your Not

Five points go to anyone who knows where the title of this post is from.

        Anywho, today is Thursday and to me that means the billboard charts have been updated.  If you do not care who is number one on the Hot 100, the singles chart, this week or in the top ten, than this post is not for you.  I've been following chart statuses for years now.  I love to see if someone, lets say Taylor Swift, is still the golden child or if middle America has moved on yet like they did with every other young country star.  Remember Billy Gilman....yeah, I didn't think so.  It's interesting to see the songs I thought would be sure fire hits not make it higher than number twenty one. While other, boring, unimaginative, uninspired, garbage makes it into the top ten, or even number one.  I'm looking at you Nelly; Just A Dream has no business being number three. I do agree with the current #1, Like A G6 by Far East Movement is pretty darn catchy and listening to some of their other singles, this might not be their only number one hit.

  On the Hot 200, the album chart, Lil Wayne comes in at #1, after originally debuting at #3 because it was only available for sale digitally.  Now that his fans can purchase a hard copy, sales of I Am Not A Human Being went up significantly.  The only other things I find interesting on the chart are that Big Time Rush came in at #3, which is a big deal for any preteens that want a return of boy bands.  Sales this week are rather low, so coming in that high wasn't that hard to do.  The other thing I find interesting is that Bruno Mars album Doo-Wops & Hooligans has only peaked at number three so far.  He has been the key ingredient to other artist's number one singles and his own.  After listening to the album, he deserves to be number one.  Perhaps getting arrested for cocaine possession had an impact on his sales. Probably not.

        Take a look at the charts, you might be surprised, pleasantly or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment