Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sometimes It's Good To Be Childish



Because you can't just be talented in one field nowadays, my favorite rapper entertainer right now is Childish Gambino.  You might know him better as Donald Glover, or the black kid on Community, or the black kid of Derrick Comedy, or the black kid that used to write for 30 Rock.  I like him best as Gambino, but like he says he is "gifted in another field, and another field, and another field."

For some, Gambino's voice maybe annoying, and he himself brings it up in some of his songs.  But to me it is his voice, along with his honesty and creativity, that sets him apart.  It would be easy for me to compare him to Drake and Kanye West, but that wouldn't be fair.  To be honest, he is a bit of the best qualities of the rappers combined, but at the same time he is so much more.  He is the indie kids dream rapper; one of their own spitting 16 bars over their favorite indie bands songs. Including Vampire Weekend and Sleigh Bells. Above is a snippet of him performing at Bowery Ballroom in NYC. Below is his cover of Drake's Over. If you like it, you can go to http://www.childishgambino.blogspot.com/ and download his mixtapes for, wait for it(I love Barney Stinson),..... FREE!


Over (Childish Gambino cover) from Donald Glover on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm loving this guy and I needed to update my musica!!

    ~Natasha

    ReplyDelete