Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mixtape Allstar - Rockie Fresh

Rockie Fresh - "What's The Hurry" Official Video from RockieTV on Vimeo.

When Patrick Stump gives out music suggestions, I listen to them. A week or so ago he endorsed Rockie Fresh and Actual Proof. Admittedly I was a bit surprised at the choices; both being hip-hop mixtapes. I know, Stump doesn't only work with rock and indie artists, but still. I downloaded both mixtapes, Fresh's here, and was happy I did so. The young Chicago native's mixtape is on that Drake, J. Cole level, but without as much hype, yet. The mixtape has some interesting collaborators, features, and samples; Phil Ade, Naledge, Imogen Heap, Mike Golden and Mr. Hudson. But even without those Fresh excels; his lyrics arrogant and experienced, beats hot but not overstated, and a varied song selection. Get yourself familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment