Thursday, March 17, 2011

Album Review - Jennifer Hudson "I Remember Me"


Instead of a long post about the album, I'm going to summarize my feelings about this album as such: LSNE = Lots of sizzle not enough spark, Broadway = Someone will be belting this out despite whether they can sing or not, Cut It Out = The album could have done without this, Heavy Rotation = Will be playing this on repeat, and Meh = Song left me feeling nothing.

Heavy Rotation = "Angel," "Don't Look Down," "I Got This"
LSNE = "No One Gonna Love You," "I Remember Me," "Still Here"
Broadway = "Why Is It So Hard," "Believe"
Cut It Out = "Everybody Needs Love," "Feeling Good"(Had to play the Buble version to get this out of my ears)
Meh = "Where You At," "Gone"

C+/B- A lot of the tracks could go in the meh category actually. She clearly wasn't trying to make an album for the masses, and I commend her for that. You can listen to full album here.

1 comment:

  1. You could describe her first album the same way too. I dunno,Hudson just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete