Thursday, March 24, 2011

Album Review - Sky Ferreira "As If"


As If! EP: A-
I love Miley Cyrus, but Sky Ferreira is who she wishes she could be. Ferriera is a teenager who is making the music she wants without really having to worry about being a role model. She sings about not being ashamed of loving sex on her Katy Perry like opening track "Sex Rules." I'm not naive or a prude, but when I found out her age I did wince a little bit. Being only 17, I'm sure some religious parent organization is already boycotting her in some way. Despite that, her debut As If! EP is electronic pop goodness, especially for someone so young. Read a track by track review after the jump. And listen to the whole EP here.

Sex Rules - A mix between Katy Perry's "California Girls" and Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl." Anthem for those who love sex and aren't afraid to proclaim it.

Traces - About letting go of the remaining feelings for an ex; "getting rid of the traces of" them. Love the Kanye like beat

Haters Anonymous - Basically saying if you are going to hate on people don't hide; hate out in the open. This is my least favorite on the EP, just cause the others are so good. Sounds like a standard Lady Gaga track, which means like it sounds like an amalgamation of Madonna tracks.

99 Tears - Another Katy Perry sounding song that probably has the most potential at being a big hit. A revenge like track about having the person that hurt you feel the pain you did; cry "99 Tears" like you did. It sounds like an old song, but I can't quit put my finger on it. If you know what it is let me know.

108 - Sounds like a song Bella would sing about Edward if Twilight was a Disney Channel original movie musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment