Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Concert Review: Chromeo

MNDR
*Didn't get there in time to see The Suzan. She was pretty entertaining; similar one man band style to Diamond Rings from the Robyn concert.  I think I might like her better as a dj though.  When I was watching her I got a Lady GaGa before she was famous vibe, so maybe she will make some adjustments and take over the world.


Chromeo
Chromeo-ooooooo! My favorite French-Jewish-Canadian was visibly pleased by how the crowd chanted their name; standard for a Chromeo concert.  After a good amount of chanting, the duo, with help from three Robert Palmer styled break ground singers, proceeded to rock the house.  95% of the crowd danced non-stop the whole time; many people in the balcony didn't appear to come to dance.  One couple in front of somehow found room to do spins, dips, and other moves that require more room than my friend and I had.  It was great.  They played all my favorites; "Bonafide Lovin'," "Tenderoni," and "Fancy Footwork." And culminated the night with glitter and confetti before their encore; the canons were still up or replaced from the Girl Talk show earlier in the week.  All and all I danced more and had a better time then when I saw them at the Virgin Mobile Festival in September.  Which means a lot cause I had an excellent time at V-Fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment