Thursday, March 31, 2011

Q&A - Matt Gross( @mattheartspade)

photo from @mattheartspade

DJ and blogger, aheartisaspade.com, Matt Gross(I hope he doesn't mind that I used his twitter picture) was kind enough to answer a few of my questions.

1) When you started your website did you have a vision or plan for what you wanted it to be? If so, have you stuck to it?
Yup - had a vision to present lots of news, exclusives & contests - i've stuck to that pretty well.

2) Do your personal music taste align with the majority of what you post? What type of music do you prefer?
Absolutely. indie/britpop/new wave/electro/guilty pleasure pop... i'm a massive fan of 95% of the content i post.

3)How did you get into DJing?
Got a few offers years back and it slowly became a regular occurrence...
4)What is the best part of DJing? What is the worst?
best - seeing people dance/sing along/having fun. worst - waiting for the room to fill up if i arrive early.

5)I hear Erykah Badu and Danny Masterson(DJ Momjeans) are great DJs, how do you feel about artist and celebrities who start DJing?
works for me, more power to them

6)Who is your favorite DJ, excluding yourself and DJ Pauly D? Haha
fave dj(s) - simian mobile disco 

7)Finish this sentence: Without music I....
without music I'd die (I've been waiting for someone to say this answer cause it is so true)

Check out his awesome blog for music updates, exclusives, contests and more. And if you are in New York City try to catch one of his dj sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment