Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Discovery - The Drums


The Drums - Money by WorkItMedia
I've known of The Drums for a bit, but I hadn't listened to their stuff. Portamento, their new album, is like a mellower Kooks album. For those of you who like to know the meaning behind songs, there is a commentary version of the album. The band gives a little commentary on each song. I'm not over the moon about the album, but it is a nice listen while getting my work done. If Veronica Mars was still on the air, I will always be bitter about it getting cancelled, I could see some of the tracks being on an episode.
Stand out tracks: "If He Likes It Let Him Do It," "Money," "Days," and "In the Cold."
You can listen to the album here...if you have Spotify, which you should have anyway if you don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment