Thursday, August 2, 2012

Album Review - Copperfox 'From The Den EP'

Copperfox, Lisa Garcia and Rory Mohon, created a small collection of mellow, calming music. The type of music I listened to while studying Organic Chemistry, praying I would remember the required equations. I didn't, but I did remember the words to Cat Powers "The Greatest." But I digress.

The lyrics are sufficiently moody, "Lover," and emotional to go along with the music. So no depressing melody backing jolly words of trips to Disneyland. All the tracks, including the mid-tempo Wallflowers-esque "We Know," fit in with the 90's melodrama television soundtracks. I can see a scene in Felicity, one of my favorite shows, where Felicity and Ben make up as Garcia sings "you got the best, you got the best of me."

And I can definitely hear "Be Careful" on Grey's Anatomy; probably a scene between Owen and Yang. Someone make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment