Thursday, October 28, 2010

Let's Have A Toast



It's Thursday again, so I am obligated to discuss the Hot 100 billboard chart.  Number one for the second week in a row is Far East Movement's Like A G6. I'm not surprised at all by this, or that Rihanna is number three this week with Only Girl(In The World).  Only Girl is a total club banger; I certainly let loose when it came on.  I am surprised that Pink's Raise Your Glass is already number ten. Not because the song isn't good, which it is, just because in past years it has taken America a little bit longer to figure out how impressive Pink is.  And with all the fuss over Fuck You, sorry kids, Cee Lo Green's kiss off song has only peaked at number seventeen.  This is stupid to me, because not only is the song funny, it is a great song.

Over on the Hot 200 the only album I care about is Kings of Leon's Come Around Sundown.  I still haven't got the chance to listen to their new album yet, but I will and I hope to give it a great review.  Their last albums have blown me away, and they sound incredible live.  Well, they debut at number two this week, right behind Sugarland's The Incredible Machine.  I can't say I am a huge Sugarland fan, but I do like some of their songs.  I think both deserve to debut so high on the charts. Kudos to KOL for their highest sales week and chart peak to date.  If you haven't seen them live, get your tickets as soon as they go on sale.  That is if you like that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment