Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Burlesque



Yesterday I went to a screening of Burlesque.  I did not expect to see the next Chicago or Moulin Rouge, and that is exactly what I did not get.  The movie was sweet and entertaining, but with some minor adjustments it could have been a Disney Channel Original. I used to love Disney Channel movies so that isn't quite that bad of an insult.  Basically the movie could have been better and it could have been drastically worse; i.e Glitter and Crossroads.  Christina Aguilera was much better than Mariah Carey and Britney Spears were in their respective movies.  Clearly she paid attention during her Mickey Mouse Club training.

No matter what you think of her acting, you can't argue with the woman's vocal talent.  If I could sing like that, I would never talk; everything I did would be in song.  On that note, the music was very good, but once again it could have been better.  I feel like it was missing that great ballad to make everyone tear up.  There was one ballad that she sang excellently, but it just wasn't connecting.  Which is what I think was the general feeling of this movie from the viewers; there was no true emotional connection to the characters and story.  I give the movie a solid B( would have been a B- but Cam Gigandet nearly naked was worth the extra points).

No comments:

Post a Comment