Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Twenty Something Dream



Hulu is my, no sacrilege meant, savior. As I don't have cable, and am too lazy to trek to Best Buy to buy a suitable antennae, I can't even watch regular television. Which means I miss all my favorite shows; including Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother, Cougar Town, and of course Glee. After watching this weeks episode, what I took away from it was Kurt has an amazing stylist, and finally they are delving into what it is like to be gay in high school. Whether you are out and proud or closeted and confused, each person is dealing with it in their own way. I definitely understand why someone would choose not to come out, but to take it out on others is morally reprehensible. Not to give away anything for those who have not seen it, but I am glad it wasn't a entirely happy ending. No matter what the It Gets Better videos say, for some people it doesn't get better and I think that should be addressed. Teenagers should know that some people will always be bigots and try to take it out on others. The important thing is to not internalize that hatred, stay positive, and be true to yourself.

Anyway, the best cover of the night was The Warbles version of Teenage Dream. If you haven't seen it already take a look at what talent looks like above.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS VERSION! Hate, hate the original with Katy Perry...but now I love this song b/c of this version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely like what they're doing. Is it just me or does the show get less and less, "kid-friendly?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. The show is progressing just like a teen in high school would I guess.

    ReplyDelete