Thursday, November 11, 2010

What's My Name Indeed



Rihanna skyrocketed to #1 this week, on the Hot 100, with her new single 'What's My Name?' featuring former friend with benefits Drake. Despite the hype and greatness of Drake's singles, this will be his first #1 song.  I guess getting his heart broken is the cost he was willing to pay for a #1; I kid...I kid.  Having not heard the song yet, I have no judgment on its placement on the chart, but I'm sure its catchy and what the people want right now.  I still can't believe 'Whip My Hair' isn't even in the top 10. Eh, she will have her day.

Unless you are a country fan and know who Jason Aldean is, debuted at #2, you will not be interested in the Hot 200 this week. Nothing has really changed; Taylor Swift is still #1 as expected.  It is pretty cool that Eminem is still in the top 10 after twenty weeks on the chart; quite a comeback.

2 comments:

  1. hear it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQwVCcWTP3E. you know I love Drake but Rihanna kind of annoys me...I'm with Jay-Z and over all the doctored up sounds coming out of the music industry right now. People need to just sing and if you can't - rap...and if you can't do either...sit your ass down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Lol at sit your ass down. So very true.

    ReplyDelete