Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rocky Horror Glee Show




First of all John Stamos is a sexy son of a gun, and I would have loved to see him as Frankfurter. Perez Hilton actually got a recording of him singing one of Frankfurter's songs, and it was pretty good.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favorite movies of all time so I am not going to hold any punches when it comes to critiquing this episode of Glee.





The story: I'm pretty bored with the plots of Mr. Schu coaxing up some crazy things for his students to do for his own personal agenda. You think by now he would have figured out it is unethical and not going to get him what he wants. I'm sure it is not the last time he will try it. I did like that the episode touched on the topic of males being just as insecure and neurotic about their bodies as females. And of course my girl Brittany S. Pierce brought the funny....."I'm going as a peanut allergy." Kurt's face was classic.

The music: There was absolutely nothing stand out about the music. Mercedes switching it up and playing Frankfurter was interesting. She has a beautiful voice of course, and she did a great job, but I wasn't really feeling it. The person who got was the best at their character was Kurt. Despite not being able to showcase much of it, Kurt was fairly close to sounding exactly like Riff Raff. Surprisingly, Finn was charismatic as Brad, I normally think he is awkward and useless.

Overall, it was a good episode. I laughed from time to time, and enjoyed seeing the guidance counselor get a turn to shine. But they wasted the cameo of Rocky Horror cast members Barry Boswick and Meatloaf. I was disappointed that they did not utilize them more.

What did you think? If you haven't seen it, you can watch it on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment